Jumanji Mini-game

Gizmo
Site Admin

Jumanji Mini-game

Postby Gizmo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:58 am

Okay guys this is your chance!

You can help me create a new Mini-game called Jumanji!

For your input anything we use of your idea you will be rewarded one of the rewards from the Jumanji Mini-game before anyone else! These people will also get SPECIAL deco and other items that will not be released again.

Basic ideas so far.

You will not go in with any of your gear! This will kinda be like naked dungeon but you will start out with gear from the char you choose. (if i can figure out how to make this work the way I want) lol

You will have 3 lives and after you die the 3rd time without finishing you go back into main game with NOTHING. So will have to work as a team.

BUT we need a story line, some fun things you may have to do. Please keep it Jumanji Related!

BTW this will likely take MONTHS to create as I will be adding a new map area and everything. So rewards will be given out after it is created so you have PLENTY of time to submit ideas and can submit as many as you like!

ONE THING TO KNOW, I WILL CHANGE ALL OF YOUR IDEAS SLIGHTLY but if I got it from your idea you still win =)
This is because I want to make it so you dont just read this fourm to figure it out. BECAUSE I WILL NOT be releasing a guide on how to complete Jumanji. You all will have to figure out the adventure as you go. ;P

Gizmo
Site Admin

Re: Jumanji Mini-game

Postby Gizmo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:02 am

Please do not post bland things like, "secret puzzles" and so on. We know that will be in there, because its Jumanji. =P

We need ideas on mechanics and how it may work. Some fun things that you would like to see in it.

Gizmo
Site Admin

Postby Gizmo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:06 am

One thing I know I want in it is a good sized land mass, that you have to go to different houses/ rooms to complete tasks and different things like that. ALSO you WILL have to go as a team! The world of Jumanji just CANT be beat with 1 person ;P maybe 2-3 but preferred 4.

There will also be items that are ACCOUNT BOUND and items that you can trade. The account bound items may be things like special effects you can do. Like fire when you run or different things like that. shows you actually completed the game of Jumanji.

Allister

Postby Allister » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:52 pm

Rewards, because who doesn't like awards :D
1. Bloody knife, a classic that many Vets will remember. As you walk or stand still there will be a blood trail from where ever you walk.
2. Not sure if it will be possible, but since we have a horse that can walk on water, lets go a little Final Fantasy seven and have one that climbs mountains. I have noticed that the sea horse Ethy is bound by account it seems. It could be a fun way to explore.
3. Mountain/Water house deed- Ability to move a current house, since house deeds are a donation item and player don't get a new house deed, to either a water or mountain area. Not sure if the mountains would be possible, but I know that water is. Basically win the deed and give the deed to a GM or up and get to have a ocean front or mountain view property.
4. We could also win Statues of the players and Van pelt. Kind of like the superhero ones we could get from events.
5. Since this does sound like it could be a bit challenging, a constellation prize for the losers, nothing big or valuable, but maybe a ticket saying "Congratulations for Losing the game for Jumanji". Or a ticket announcing how you died, say you died the last time from Van Pelt, " I took a bullet in the head bt Van pelt".

SO the game itself. This will have parts from the 1996 movie and the 2017.
1. We can use a similar stone, like that was in the naked dungeon that removes all of our equipment into a bag into the bank. We walk unto a portal that's in the room and theres a NPC explain the rules and thanks us for playing Jumanji. Then tells us the rules. Across from us is more portals and tells each player to go into a portal each, which automatically will decide who we will be in the game. We even have a portal that we can't enter making it seem like there is someone already playing the game. Each portal will go into a different room which will have a bag with the clothes, weapons, items we will need to play that character in the game. Then after getting dressed they will go into a new portal which will put them with the other players to begin the game.
2. We can use the story line of the second film or a close example and have to find the jaguar eye and return it back to the Statue to beat the game of Jumanji. But to find the eye we can use some of the plot from the first film where we go to some different places in the film, like the show factory, the school, the mansion/jungle surround with evil plants.
3, In the 19965 film, many of use remember the swarm of animals and insects that come out of the game. First of theses are mosquitoes and Gorillas. We could do like a mini monster bash. Were we will have to defeat the mobs to save or selves.

Return to “Development”